Selecteer een pagina

CHS

The Hague, Netherlands

The Code of Hammurabi consists of a collection of 282 laws written during the reign of king Hammurabi that ruled Babylon from 1792 to 1750 B.C. The bas relief on the top of the monument shows an image of Hammurabi that receives a stick as gift and symbol of power from Shamash, god of justice.

The installation has been placed in The Peace Palace in The Hague. The Base of the monument is a chromed steel ellipse-shaped with dimensions of 1400x800x100mm. This monument is the replication of the original version displaying in the Louvre Museum, Paris.